Friday, April 29, 2011

Ell Farm


The sign you can see off of Cin-Day road

I stopped at a little store on a farm as I was heading home from the gym. I've driven by this place at least a dozen times and never stopped. But today is very nice and sunny in suburban Cincinnati. And feeling healthy after swimming for 60 minutes in the pool I thought today was the day to see what this store was all about.

As I pulled in I saw closer that the sign said 'Home of the B.O.B.'  Which I found out in a few minutes was the Blended Organic Balance drink/shake/replacement meal. Whatever you wanna call it.

The store if you could call it that was very small but packed with herbs, cinnamon, coconut oil, applewood, devils claw, ginseng root, honeycombs, raw honey and honey in glass jars for effect. Pomegranate juice and this green wheatgrass.  I'm no health freak but it was that kinda spot.  The woman I met said her and her husband have had the store running for the past 40 years or some long amount of time. Her husband grew up on the farm and when I met him I was surprised when he told me that he was 70 years old. No way this guy was 70, he had to be much younger.
Anyway he gave me a quick overview of what they raise, grow, sell and what kinda people come to his farm store. Again being surprised, then when I took a second to think about it it made more sense. He said many cancer patients buy products from the store and always come back. Next he starts firing off terms like lethicin, Carnosine, Carnitine, alfalfa powder and lycopene. I tried to keep up. Many products were high in anti-oxidents and snti-inflammatory properties.

After talking for 5-10 minutes he let me try the B.O.B. He said he drinks it most mornings and is not hungry until 1 or 2 in the afternoon.  It was actually delicious.  The variety of fruit gave it the great flavor.  In the end I just ended up getting some raw honey. I already tried it and its great.
The honey spot
I am sure I'll be going there more often.

The ingredients of The B.O.B:
  • Raw Honey
  • Flax seed oil
  • Nectar D'or ( which is the soils essential nutrients; electrolytes, natural antibiotics and macro and micro minerals
  • Hi Pro (protein powder of 3 sources; soy, whey and egg)
  • Brewer's Yeast (this ones loaded with B- vitamins and essential amino acids)
  • Barley or Alfalfa Powder (this is a grass product with a complete scope of essential nutrition and chlorophyll)
  • Fruit
They sell all the products there and for being a family owned shop the products were pretty inexpensive. The honey I bought was $6 which I felt was fair.
All in all it was a good start to the Friday and glad I'm done with school for a couple days.
The woman said I could walk around if I wanted to. So I grabbed my camera and took a few shots. There are a lot of pine trees on the farm and I saw where the bees were at.
This was a very cool spot and this area of Ohio is turning out to be pretty good.



1 comment:

  1. This farm and the barn were built by my Great Great Grandfather James Latta Rowan in 1841. I met Howard Ell when I visited the farm a number of years ago.

    ReplyDelete