Wednesday, April 27, 2011

audio

Soooooo what Im into lately is audiobooks. I download them from audible.com and they load right into my iTunes.
I guess Ive probably been listening to them for the last year.  So far I could say that Ive listened to about 10 books. I like when the actual author of the book is the person narrating the audiobook.  I like when they are reading it and recalling on the exact events he/she they had can emphasize the story even better.

But what Im thinking is what is the difference between an audiobook and the written book. One you use your ears and the other you use your eyes. The information is getting into your brain regardless and you can recall the story if someone asks you to tell them what it was all about. An audiobook is not your traditional way of reading but what positives can you get from an audio version?

Either way I like both. Id say audiobooks are awesome on long drives. I also like history books on audio.
Right now im listening to 'Tears in the Darkness: The Story of the Baatan Death March'
Just started listening to it but it is a recount of 75,000 American, Filipino and Chinese Filipino soldiers who surrendered to the Japanese army in the Philippines in 1942.
The Death March is they were all forced to walk 61 miles through the philippine jungle. Around 10,000 died or were killed along the way.
So far its a good listen.



The Death March


No comments:

Post a Comment