Friday, January 28, 2011

Cincinnati




What can I say. Back to business in the US. Now living in Cincinnati, Ohio. I was born in Ohio but I've never been to southern OH. I can say though that it is rather nice. Being winter I have got around a lot. Not knowing many people here I have been on my own 'exploring'. And the exploring is much different from Antigua but also in some ways similar. Different, first, because I have transportation to explore.  So I can travel more distance but I feel its not that 'true sense of exploring' how I was in Antigua. Always on foot, the hot Caribbean sun always on you. People speaking something that sounds like english but you cant digest what the hell it is.  Always feeling like you re seeing something new. Having this monopoly money in your pocket. Never knowing if you're getting ripped off or making a deal. This type of domestic exploring doesn't have your heart pumping as much. A lot of flat farm land layered with snow. It keeps snowing. The damn snow wont go away. Oh well. 

It is similar because every sight is new and people here seem to be a little different. As in girls love pick up trucks (well some of them). The weather is somewhat extreme. Going from hot hot to white snow everywhere. 

Sometimes I just gotta get out, drive and see whats beyond the farm.

The thing that is nice is that I am 20 minutes from the Kentucky border. And about the same distance from Indiana. Found out that its around 90 minutes to Indianapolis.  Its not like I've ever really had a desire to go there. But it sounds like a spot to see in your life. So maybe Ill make a trip out there. So living in this area they call it the Tri State. Now it all makes sense. And it has that aspect of exploring that you can do.

The area I live in is a Suburb of Cincinnati called Mason. It is weird though, I live in Mason, Ohio but my home address must be wrote as Cincinnati, Ohio. Weird. It makes shipping things here kinda confusing. It is a nice area.  It seems like farm land mowed over to make stores and restaurants, everywhere. And I mean everywhere.  The main road is Mason-Montgomery and there are dozens and dozens of restaurants lining the road. Wafflehouse to some Mongolian place.  It gives you new places to see. I don't drink coffee but there is a place called Caribou Coffee.
Ill go there if its called Caribou.

No comments:

Post a Comment