Thursday, November 18, 2010

TOP 5 COUNTRIES

One thing that I am big on: TRAVEL. For me travelling comes in phases. At least international travelling. I guess you could say this started when I visited my first country. AUSTRALIA. Looking back at it now, this was a pretty big trip. Hell, it seems big now. It was the summer between my freshman and sophomore year of high school. I was 16 years old and signed up to go to Australia & New Zealand for 3 weeks that July. The odd part was that I knew no one who was going on the trip. I was the only freshman on the trip and therefore the youngest. However, in the end I got to know everyone and became friends with all. It was offered by our history teacher. Anyone could go and of course you had to pay for it. But was a little lower in price because of a large group of people going.

Anyways, travelling to such a far place at a somewhat young age...I caught the travelling bug. The next year I went to Italy, France and Monaco. And Senior year to England.  I got to travel to a good amount of countries in High School but went a little stagnant a few years after. But I believe I have started to pick it up again.
Going to the Philippines in 2009 & 2010. Saint Kitt's and obviously Antigua.
Always thinking of new places to go and see but of course the limiting factor: MONEY.

But here are my top 5 countries I'd like to visit in my lifetime. And I am sure I will.

In no particular order:

  • RUSSIA is on the list because I am Russian. And the country is enormous.  I mean its serious. It has something like 9 different time zones and is the largest country in the world. Something I also like about Russia is the climate. Being the largest country in the World it has many different climates. Just the word Russia you think snow, wind, cold and goulags. But a friend of mine was there this past summer and he said it was hot as hell. Russia also has a large forrest called the TAIGA. Basically, it is huge and awesome and I wanna visit.

  • ICELAND is another country I have always wanted to go to. I probably started to wonder about Iceland when I watched The Mights Ducks 2.  And of course you can never forget the classic phrase from the movie, "Greenland is filled with ice and Iceland is nice." And just the fact that its called ICELAND. Who wouldn't want to go? It has so many different types of climate. Ice fields, volcanoes, desserts, geysers, fjords, mountains, glaciers and enormous waterfalls. It is such an outdoorsy country and thats what I'm all about.

  • CHILE has one of the coolest names for a country. Next to Iceland of course. The distance of Russia that is East to West is similar to Chile but is North to South. Chile seems like an awesome country with The Andes Mountains. Ive seen pictures and the peoples  clothes are very vibrant yet they seem huble and simple. I'd love to visit.

  • MONGOLIA I once had a dream that I was part Mongolian and I swore that it was real. For a long time after I think that I really thought I was Mongolian. Sooo yea. Because of my aparent Mongolian nationality I have pursued wanting to travel to this far off country. I like the nomads and how they are the travel masters. I also want to go to Mongolia because I dont think I have ever heard someone say that they want to travel there.

  • ANTARCTICA last but not least. I also have to say I may of also never heard someone say that they want to travel to Antarctica. A big thing with me about travel is that it does not have to be your 'typical' vacation. I like the world and how there is a bottomless amount of places to see. I dont want to go to any boring, normal, typical vacation spots. I hate cruises, except ones that go to Alaska. I dont wanna ever get your "all inclusive" deals and sit on the beach and sip stupid drinks. Im all about travel yo and getting into it. The real deal. So back to Antarctica. That is why I wanna see it. The Last Dessart, as it is also called. I wanna get there and get that continent checked off the list.

bla bla bla  the end

No comments:

Post a Comment