Tuesday, May 8, 2012

ICE COLD BEER

Have you ever had a beer thats cold?? Im not talking about a chilled beverage. Im talking about a fucking cold beer! Hurts your hand cold, makes your tongue cold! A frosty ass mug. Sometimes, what you need in your hand is a cold beer. You too ladies. Dont hate. Put down the apple-tini for one night and dig deep into the ice chest and grab the coldest beer your hand can hold.

Im no beer vocab expert and I certainly dont care about those descriptive words. So thats why I included the actual descriptions from the breweries own websites. But I do like cold beer and over the years Ive tried many. And I like at times to try a beer I havnt even heard of. Strengthen the arsenal ya know. I have a collection of 27 different Samuel Adams beer bottles lined up in my parents garage. Thats the only collection that I have and I am proud of it.  The collection has been growing for the past 4-5 years. I enjoy the chase of the collection. The fact that you cant just go out all at once and get each bottle. I like that certain times of the year specific bottles are out. I pride myself that I have two bottles that were never sold but I got from a Sam Adams distributor guy who I met at a liquor store once.  He gave me a few "Sample" bottles they were trying out for the upcoming season. 

Anyways, nothing beats a couple cold ones.

Some favs:

PACIFICO



At the moment, I would have to say that Pacifico is my go to beer. When at the store and unsure of what 6pack to get, I always choose Pacifico. Its more then the beer, its the feeling I get when Im having a few.  Just straight relaxing.

Now, my love for Pacifico has recently grown since moving to Maui. This is a Mexican brew but I see it all over. I have been to Mexico before but I never had it there. I was below the drinking age, even the Mexican drinking age...if there is one??  Something about Mexican beer just makes you feel like youre at the beach.

Pacifico with a lime and youre doing alright.

Grupo Modelos description:
"Pacífico is a beer with a long tradition in Mexico and is Grupo Modelo's leading brand in northeastern Mexico. It is a pilsner, clear beer with a refreshing, smooth taste. Pacífico was first brewed in Mazatlán, Mexico and Grupo Modelo began exporting it to the western and southern US in 1985, with great results. Pacífico is currently the fifteenth most popular imported brand in the US.

Pacífico is the best choice for people who like to share with their friends, enjoying what has come to be known as the "Pacífico lifestyle".

Pacífico was born in the early 20th Century and it is brewed mainly in the Cervecería del Pacífico plant, in the city of Mazatlán, in the state of Sinaloa."



GREAT LAKES - CHRISTMAS ALE


Switching seasons to Winter...or Christmas Season.  Ive only had Christmas Ale in 2011 and it was delicious. Like I said prior, Im no expert when it comes to describing beers. But this is a good fucking beer. Another seasonal.  I was in Columbus, Ohio when I first tried this.  I went to a bar with my two cousins and this was on tap.  We all got the big 20oz glasses and enjoyed.      If its winter time where you are at, and you have access to some Great Lakes Christmas Ale, get yourseld some.

Great Lakes description (short and sweet, my kind of description):

A holiday ale brewed with honey and spiced with fresh ginger and cinnamon.

BELLS BREWERY - PALE ALE

Add caption
I am not sure what to say about this one. Its good and I can remember it out of alot of different ones that I have tried. I had it a few times in Mason, Ohio when I was having probably the best hamburger Ive ever had.  The burger is a whole story in itself.  Maybe that will be my next post. I also have a picture of that burger.
So BELLS is a good one, goes great with fancy burgers. I would put it as a GO TO beer when in need of a thirst quencher.

Bells description:
"Pale Ale stands apart from the model of completely hop-dominated pale ales, offering a noticeable degree of malt body to counter the hop bitterness. A blend of floral & herbal hop notes provide the aromatic & flavor highlights, alongside the distinctive contribution of our house ale yeast. A crisp bitterness finishes the experience without being harsh."



RED HORSE


I found this beer in the Philippines. Ive gotten drunk on it more times then I havnt. So that should be an indicator what kind of night it will be if you have more than 1 of these lethal bottles.  Every time I have seen them they have only been on 500mL or 1000mL bottles. I mean how can you not get juiced up??? So you get a couple 500mL and get going.  Once it hits your lips right??


I have not been able to find a true description of Red Horse on San Miguels website. But its Malt Liquor.... MALT LIQUOR

Wadadli Lager

Now this delicious little 11.2oz brew was a delight while living in Antigua.  Sucking down a few of these made me forget the frustration that is ANTIGUA. Anyway, this was brewed right on Antigua and one best beer in the Caribbean. Im not sure if that was the exact award but it was some award in that zone.  It was good and pretty cheap.

Antigua Brewers description:
"A barley brewed Lager light golden color a mix aof barley corn and some malt gives it that crisp spicy sweetness."

Samuel Adams - Oktoberfest


You know why.

Sams description:
Octoberfest has a rich, deep reddish amber hue which itself is reflective of the season. Samuel Adams Octoberfest masterfully blends together five roasts of malt to create a delicious harmony of sweet flavors including caramel and toffee. The malt is complimented by the elegant bitterness imparted by the Bavarian Noble hops. Samuel Adams Octoberfest provides a wonderful transition from the lighter beers of summer to the heartier brews of winter.

Octoberfest pays homage to the Bavarian tradition by using generous portions of five varieties of malted barley to create a rich, toffee sweetness that is the signature flavor of this popular style.


Kona Brewing Co. - Big Wave Golden Ale


Great brew here. My favorite of the beers made in Hawaii. This beer, obviously made in Kona on the Big Island is another delicious one.  What else can I say? It goes down smooth. From the tap or if found at the bottom of the ice chest. Hell, even the bottle looks great.

 
Konas description:
"Big Wave is light golden ale with a subtle fruitiness and delicate hop aroma. A smooth, easy drinking refreshing ale. The lightly roasted honey malt contributes to the golden hue of this beer and also gives a slight sweetness that is balanced out by our special blend of hops."


1 comment:

  1. We provide you the best ice chest reviews based on there types and sizes. Reviews are based on there comparability with others.
    Best Ice Chest
    Small Coolers Review
    Large Coolers By Size
    Buyers Guide In Cooler Bag
    Best Coolers With Wheels

    ReplyDelete